Revised February 14, 2023
Wellsite Navigator, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (“Company” or “we”), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy (“Policy”). This Policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access, or use the Wellsite Navigator Pro Application, including any related content or access through wellsitenavigator.com (the “Website”) (collectively, the “Application”); and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies only to information we collect in the Application and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Application. This Policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company applications or websites, including websites you may access through the Application; or
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Our other websites and applications and other third parties may have their own privacy policies which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register with, or use the Application. By downloading, registering with, or using the Application, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time pursuant to the terms of this Policy. Your continued use of the Application after we revise this Policy means you accept those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 18
The Application is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com. California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights, below, for more information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of the Application:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- Automatically when you download, access, and use the Application.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use the Application, we may ask you to provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (collectively, “Personal Information”) and/or
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as zip code, age, job title, job role or function and employer.
This information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Application, subscribing to our service, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Application;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and/or
- Your search queries on the Application.
You may also provide information for publication or display (“Posted”) on public areas of websites you access through the Application (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the Application, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Application, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Application, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Application.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device, or other computing device, and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Application also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Detailed Location, Travel and Route Information. The Application collects real-time information about the location of your device. Location and route information is collected for example in the form of GPS signals (combined with a time stamp) and other information sent by your mobile device on which the Application is installed and activated. This location and route information may be saved to a route history of all of the journeys you have made while using the Application. The types of location information include your destination, travel time, route, and wait time at your destination.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the Application, delete it from your device and/or you may turn off the location features of your mobile device. Note, however, that opting out of the Application’s collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, applications, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Application.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Application and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Application or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers
- Analytics companies
- Your mobile device manufacturer
- Your mobile service provider
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Application. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Provide you with the Application and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- Give you notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Notify you when Application updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it; and/or
- Provide you with support and handle requests and complaints.
The usage information and location information we collect may help us to improve the Application and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns and wait times;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Application according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Customize your experience with the Application;
- Provide advertising services including personalized ads;
- Recognize you when you use the Application;
- Create analytics and measurements to understand how our services are used so we may optimize the Application’s design and functionality;
- Help advertisers understand the performance of their ad campaigns and provide them with aggregated reports; and/or
- Measure the effectiveness of our marketing efforts, including on third party sites or platforms.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Company about the Application users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and/or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Application to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Application may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by Company. If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted Advertising by Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Your State Privacy Rights
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights, below, for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Application and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights, below, for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. For example, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of the Application that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 1801 Main Street, Suite 1300, Houston, TX 77002. Further, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”) (collectively, “CCPA”) may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://www.wellsitenavigator.com/ccpa-privacy-notice-for-california-residents/.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through the Application. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address and/or phone number for you and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
Mail: 1801 Main Street, Suite 1300, Houston, TX 77002.